The culture of an organization marks the work environment and the happiness of the workers, and also how the external people who relate to the company feel. In addition, this culture influences the way they manage conflicts: they are avoided, hidden, denied or treated collaboratively, when possible. Economic resources, creativity time and energy improve when there is a system that guides good practices and creates a proactive culture in the organization.
Butts Associates helps organizations plan and develop structures, and improve skills in managers, managers, teams and employees at all levels, improving the work environment and extending the benefits to their external relationships.
We design specific interventions that allow:
- Create skills to communicate ideas, concerns and dissent in a constructive and early manner.
- Implement a collaborative approach to prevention, management and resolution of problems in the culture of the organization, promoting effective communication, both internal and external.
Butts Associates helps you build a strong work environment, with improved communication, increased productivity and greater trust in management, thanks to a fair, flexible, fast and effective way to handle differences.
Examples of our interventions:
- Evaluation and feedback, and design of the conflict management system of an international NGO.
- Design and implementation of conflict prevention and management in the merger and acquisition (M & A) process of international companies.
- Management of conflicts in exploitation of natural resources (mines, livestock, water, forests).
- Evaluation of customs of prevention, management and resolution of internal and / or external conflicts and design of systems to improve them.
- Collaboration with HR departments or Management to evaluate the customs of prevention, management and resolution of conflicts in hospital organizations and systems design to improve them, including a panel of mediators.
- Design and implementation of an Ombudsman’s office for the resolution of internal and external cases of an organization (Public acknowledgment received).
- Collaboration with Legal Departments of organizations to prepare strategies to prevent and solve conflicts.
POSSIBLE COSTS ASSOCIATED TO CONFLICT
At a personal level
- Loss of self-esteem
- Increased frustration
- Sensation of isolation
- Loss of interest in work
- Difficulty staying focused
- Loss of commitment at work
- Distraction of work objectives
- Communication increasingly poor
- Decrease in personal performance
- Physical or psychosomatic ailments
- Decrease in creativity and productivity
- Loss of commitment to the organization
At an organizational level
- Low morale
- Malicious gossip
- Distracted leaders
- Decrease in income
- Dysfunctional teams
- Reduction of creativity
- Not solving the problem
- Solve the wrong problem
- Decrease in participation
- Energy is diverted to conflict
- Reduction of communication
- Training costs for new employees
- Increase in employee turnover rate
- Increase in Human Resources costs
- Confidence reduction and greater distrust
- Reduction of attention towards positive activities